photo by Econosmith

Tuesday

2/6/07
We are going to work while we organize. Yes, a bit busy here.
Bill H is working on details to stop in Memphis on the way down. We'd like to drive down highway 61 (looking for the crossroad) outside Memphis on the way to Slidell.
Yesterday evening Bill Larsen from the St. Tammany Parish Library in Slidell returned my call about needs. It's been going down to the 30s there at night and it's damp. The goodwill closets are slim pickings in some areas. He will be getting me an address to ship warm socks, sweaters and jackets. We'll bring some things with us too. He's also looking into "homes" for most of my professional resources and library since I'll be taking a break from my early intervention after August. I'll bring down a box of infant/toddler/preschool learning toys and gather information about contacts to ship more after the trip.
Al returned my call today and shared the boyscout approach to packing the essentials for the trip. Thank you! We'll be roughing it to a degree (like sailing on the Woody during Pumpkin Sail). Vinnie, Al and I put our heads together about the gear and travel logistics complete with contingency plans. They have a banjo, my infant toddler instruments(in case we couldn't get the time off), 2 trumpets, 2 clarinets and an accordian and the Feel Good Tour Tshirt supply.